Interviewing can be a stressful experience for many job seekers. There are the fears of hard questions, anxiety of what to wear, and even the worry of what time to arrive. To help you prepare and eliminate any worries, we have created a guide based on real life experiences that will help you have the best interview experience possible as a STNA or CNA.
Tip # 1 Show Up
The most off-putting thing an applicant can do is not show up for their agreed upon interview time. Employers will believe you are not very interested in the position and will look past your resume in the future. IF you will not be able to make your assigned time or something comes up, giving the interviewer a phone call is the best way to handle the situation professionally. Employers typically understand that things happen, but in order to be understanding they must be informed first.
Tip # 2 Be on Time
Show up on time. If your interview is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. then be here before 10:00 a.m.. It is always good to show up five to ten minutes early to get checked in before your scheduled interview time. If you are running late though, be professional and inform the employer when you will be able to arrive or to reschedule.
Tip # 3 Know Why the Employer is a Good Fit for You
Do research about the employer before coming to your interview. It is important to make sure this is a company that is a good fit for you. If you are a STNA seeking a flexible part time schedule that you can choose, then agency is for you. If you are an STNA who likes working with the same people at the same facility, then maybe agency isn’t the best option for you. As a job seeker it is important to find what works best for your lifestyle and career goals.
Tip # 4 Know Why YOU are a Good Fit for the Employer
During your interview make sure the employer knows why you would be valuable to the team. Are you hardworking? Are you dependable? Are you passionate about healthcare? Use your strength to show your value.
Tip # 5 Practice Interview Questions
A great way to prepare yourself for an interview is to practice questions that may be asked during the interview. This will reduce stress and help you ace your next interview.
Practice Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you like most about being in healthcare?
- What are your goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- How do you manage a busy workload?
- How do you react to stress at work?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient? How did you handle it?
- How do you deal with a person not satisfied with your care or refuse it?
- How important is reliability to you?
- How often should a person be allowed to call off in a year?
- If there is an emergency and you should or can’t make it to work, what would you do?
- What are your greatest skills as a caregiver?
- What do you find rewarding about this job?
- Why do you want to work for us?
*If you are seeking employment as a CNA, STNA, LPN, or RN please apply to Gifted Hands Health Services at our website linked here. We are located in Toledo, Ohio with work available in Toledo and the surrounding areas.